Florida Rules for Drain Field Restoration
The following instructions for EarthBuster use are designed to comply fully with Florida’s regulations. Note that the following only applies to septic drainfield restoration, and does not address other uses of the EarthBuster.
- Injection points shall be outside of the drainfield bed or trench. Outside will mean at least six inches away from the sidewall of a gravel drainfield.
- Depth of injection points shall not exceed the depth of the infiltrative surface.
- Horizontal distance between injection points should be three to four feet apart.
- After withdrawing the probe, the resulting hole may be filled with pea gravel.
- Use of the EarthBuster for drainfield restoration shall be considered an alternative repair subject to s. 64E-6.015(3), Florida Administrative Code. Please note that alternative repair methods cannot be used where the absorption surface of the drainfield is within six inches of the web season water table.
- The repair permit application must show where and at which depth the EarthBuster is to be used in relation to the existing drainfield.
- This method may be used with drainfields constructed with mineral aggregate (gravel) according to 64E-6.014, Florida Administrative Code.